Oh hai! Remember there was a pregnant lady that was supposed to blogging too?
The last few weeks have been... harder. Nearly constant nausea, the introduction of vomiting and other gastrointestinal unpleasantness has made it hard to be a human some days. I keep trying to remind myself that it could always be worse, but it's been tough nonetheless. I've luckily only had one day where I felt so awful that I had to go back home. I got up 3 times that day: 2x to pee, 1x to eat.
Workouts have been whenever I feel well enough to get in a run, which is averaging about 2x a week. Walks still work fine but I have had a couple of times where I need to stop and take a few minutes rest. I get winded pretty easily and I notice it when I talk to customers at work in particular. Really though, I just can't do as much as I used to. The past 2 weeks I've had an incredible rise in energy (comparatively) and yet going out to dinner is enough to knock me out for the rest of the night. Saturday I seriously overdid it and went grocery shopping and xmas shopping, then made bagels and went out to December Nights. Oh my, that was miserable and I felt it all day Sunday.
I also have discovered that I really do eat like a hobbit: breakfast at home, second breakfast at work, elevenses, lunch, tea (afternoon snack), dinner and supper (usually cereal before bed). Earlier in the pregnancy I felt like I had to be eating large meals constantly to keep my stomach from ever getting empty (which made me feel worse). Now I can at least eat something reasonable like a string cheese and an apple and that seems to do the trick. I've gained about 5 pounds so far, which isn't quite as bad as I had originally feared. Aversions: most sweets, dry poultry (I ate chicken wings this weeks!), and the strong smell of raw garlic, strangely. Cravings: bagel and cream cheese.
More recently, since baby is now the size of a lime (!!) my stomach is more crowded and eating large meals quickly actually makes me feel worse. This is sometimes problematic when I'm starving and have to eat painfully slow and only half as much as I'd like to.
Now that I've complained complained complained, the upside! This Thursday we have our first ultrasound, and Friday we're telling our coworkers assuming all is well. I'm now firmly into 11 weeks meaning there's only 1.5 weeks more until 1st trimester is over. This means a supposed surge in energy, a decrease in nausea, and the risk of miscarriage drops dramatically.
Baby pirate is still happily tucked away in there, and every time I have to lie down or rush to the rest room I am at least comforted by the confirmation. I also couldn't image doing this without Jonathan. It's unbelievably wonderful having him around to help out with *everything*. Bringing me water, helping with dinners, doing all the dishes, doing all the kitty box duty... the list goes on. I cannot begin to sing adequate praises for all of his help while I've been feeling down. Thanks bean :)
Time for pictures! Week 10, starting to pudge out a little!
-kameran and bp


No comments:
Post a Comment