Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Week 11 is done!

And to celebrate we have a special guest appearance!

Baby Pirate behaved very well by giving us a perfect profile

We had our first ultrasound! BP is an active little one in there with a heart beat of 168! Nice and strong, I couldn't believe that was all going on in my belly. BP was wiggling around quite a bit; these pictures that you always see are lovely, but definitely do not portray how much the arms and legs are wiggling and squiggling around in there. I can't feel any of it, but this little lime was a-movin'! The placenta is forming nice and high in the uterus and the tech mentioned "I think you may have ovulated from the left side, I can see the corpus luteum in there", which is awesome because I *totally* called that :)

What a sense of disbelief upon seeing these pictures. Because the belly is generally still small and there are no physical indications of "baby" in there, it was a little disconnecting to see that *this* ultrasound is now *OUR* baby. Tiny little leg buds that will have little toes that we get to kiss and a fatty tummy that we get to rub. Oh man I'm totally starting to cry thinking about this.

As soon as we got back from the ultrasound, I couldn't keep it secret anymore. It was a san diego "storm" on Thursday with tons of rain, so I sent out an email to my coworkers titled "Something for a stormy Thursday afternoon". The body simply read "Please see attached, just a little something". It took about 10 seconds before I heard Zheng from the next aisle semi-shriek "Oh my gosh! Kameran!!" and come running over to say "You?! Is this you???" Then more and more people started checking their email, popping up to see what the commotion was about and come over with hugs and tons of congratulations. Anne was very funny and came dashing over with such a look of disbelief on her face then gave me a huge hug and started rubbing my belly and tearing up. Theresa didn't believe me at first (she hadn't seen the ultrasound picture yet) and asked me 3x "you're not joking? you're serious? for real?". My manager then came over with a British guard "bearista" that he had bought, stating "the first of many teddy bears you'll have". I was so touched that he got it :)

People were so happy and stood around for about an hour asking me how I felt, smiling and giving congratulations. I was high-fived, hugged, belly rubbed... it was lovely.

Then the next day I learned that a couple of the guys that I'm closer with at work say that "now that I know you're pregnant I feel much more protective of you". My one friend offered to buy me some breakfast and food, just to make sure I was well fed, and all day they kept coming over and asking "how are you feeling now?" I was so touched by their kindness and everything, it's been so much fun to finally tell people about it and see how happy they all are.


So, what's new this week?
Well, hormones are up this week as I get teary a lot more easily. I had to really focus on not just all out sobbing while watching Elf this week (when I watched it again later, I couldn't contain it). 
Generally, my energy is way, way up and I have a lot more of my stamina back then earlier weeks. I can still overdo it pretty easily, so I still have to watch it but a trip to the grocery store isn't my one occasion of the weekend anymore. More bloody noses, acne, and vomiting have popped up this week again (the bloody nose was particularly weird- I've maybe had 2 in my entire life prior to this and one was trauma induced). However, I received my first prenatal yoga DVD, which inspired me to practice again today and it felt great. Now that I am feeling better (more consistently), I want to make this a habit.

No further aversions; chicken is still mostly off the list along with sweets. I'm pretty sick of stoned wheat crackers however, as I associate them with early morning nausea. Cravings-wise, Jonathan made a zitti al forno with meatballs that has been the food I want for every meal, I simply cannot eat enough of it. Bagels and bagel poppers have also been hitting the spot. A new development this week- Jonathan brought home some hazelnut coffee this morning and it tasted absolutely delicious. I guess coffee is making a comeback (oh how I've missed you!)

This week has had some pretty good highs and some lows (a botched doctors visit that ended in a large blood draw that will need to be repeated, along with the sickness coming back), but it's hard to beat knowing that the end of the troublesome (and worrisome) first trimester is near and seeing pirate for the first time.

-kameran and bp

No comments:

Post a Comment