Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Week 12

Last week of the first trimester... OVER! 
Last week of work this year... OVER!
End of the world... DIDN'T HAPPEN!

I am so excited to not have to worry about getting in to work on time or deal with customers or anything else stressful for the rest of this year. I can now exclusively focus on eating, sleeping, relaxing, and growing a baby.

...which seems to have needed some extra focus again. 
This week has marked the reintroduction of fatigue, some eating related nausea and cramping. Lunchtime walks are waaay s l o w e r and I often have to stop and sit down for a minute. I wake up pretty often in the night and have a hard time going back to sleep. With almost every meal, I get a little bit nauseous again unless I eat very little (compared to pre-pregnancy) and pretty slowly. 

I'm not pleased with the medical attention/care I've (not) received so far. It's just been a bit of a mess of organization. Apparently, I haven't officially had any "prenatal" visits- I just had a doctors visit that confirmed I was pregnant and discussed all things relating to my pregnancy... right. My blood work order got lost, then the lab invalidated the tubes that I had given for some screening tests due to red tape issues so I had to get *re*drawn. Part of this screening test is an ultrasound that MUST be done before I am 13 weeks and 6 days, which just so happens to line up with the end of the year where the offices are shut down due to holidays and our insurance is switching and I have to wait 5 days to schedule an appt despite that they book up 2 weeks in advance (draws breath now). 

*****Enough complaining? I think so too. Let's focus on all the lovely and wonderful things now*****

Continuing with the doctor's appt thread however, I had a lovely and wonderfully helpful person on the phone who was able to squeeze me in this past week for the necessary ultrasound. Which meant we got to see baby again :)

Can I go off on how wonderful this experience was? This is what I imagined an ultrasound to be like. There was a large monitor positioned in front of me so I could comfortably see everything. The tech was amazing- she took all her measurements she needed but she would stop to describe what we were seeing along the way ("here's an arm, here's the heart, see the four chambers? Heart beat is 162..."). Whenever baby would start moving around a lot she would pause for a moment to let us watch, it was amazing. Baby has now found their hands and is trying to suck on a thumb- the neat thing is that we were able to see individual fingers wiggling. One thing I thought was adorable: the tech was trying to get a particular profile on the baby, but baby wasn't cooperating. She asked me to lie on my side as this sometimes help, but no dice. It wasn't until I laughed that baby wiggled perfectly into position :) good baby!

I was able to eat chicken enchiladas this week! However, overall the idea of chicken is still not happening. Fish tacos, on the other hand, were sent to earth to make my brain and tummy happy.

I also think that pirate might be going through a growth spurt because my uterus (and under my ribs?!) is stretching and cramping a lot this week. To that same end (I believe), my stomach has been itchier than normal. Bring on the skin creams!

I don't think I've ever appreciated sneezes before. It's the weirdest thing, but since getting pregnant I love sneezing. They feel so amazing.

On Friday, I wore my new special outfit: black thick tights and a cute little sweater dress with a little ribbon tie. It's not a pregnancy dress but it works perfectly as one, as the tie goes over the top of my belly and the dress looks cute when my belly is hanging out. Everyone at works was commenting how cute the belly looked (ha! I know it's mostly just food baby but still). That made me feel nice :)

Well this has been quite a long post. Baby and I are going to go eat fish taco #5 as a late night snack now (9:45 is late, right?).

-kameran and bp

No comments:

Post a Comment