Today I learned that I should now be counting Evelyn's age in calendar months, rather than weeks. As a result of my misunderstanding, Evelyn had her 6m appointment about a month early… oops.
But! All is well. She is 13lb 5oz (25percentile) and 26' long (90percentile!). She is a long skinny baby alright. She had her shots today which she did not enjoy (can't blame her) and we got the go-ahead to introduce solids.
I steamed up an organic, peeled sweet potato I had purchased earlier this week (just in case we did get the okay) and mashed it with a fork. We thinned it out with a little breastmilk and jonathan spooned it in her mouth. The jury is still out it seems, her face was very unsure and orange goo was all over her lips. It was hilarious and we got video and pictures. We only tried about 3 spoonfuls to start, now we wait to ensure no reactions.
Our doctor commented "She sure is a cutie. I'm sure you hear it all the time but boy is she cute".
I must say I agree!
No comments:
Post a Comment