Evelyn was officially six months old on Monday!
When Evelyn is in a good mood she's absolutely adorable and melts my heart with her big smiles, laughs and shrieks. Her newest excited move is jumping and bouncing a little while she stands.
The past couple of weeks she's been waking up a *lot* in the middle of the night. We've been able to consistently start bedtime at 630, but she tends to wake up another 3-4 times at night. I blame myself; she fusses about and I don't want her to wake Jonathan so I'll tuck her into bed with me and nurse her down immediately. I'm also guilty of trying to enjoy the last few days we have in our apartment as much as possible since I know it'll be different once she has her own room. So I've been feeling just as exhausted as ever and definitely notice if I don't have caffeinated coffee the next day. One day I'll feel healthy again I suppose…
She's hasn't been as comfortable with other people holding her lately, even family members are a little suspicious to her and she'll start to cry or fuss after just a few minutes. This past week, with christmas and all, I think she was forced to enjoy all the attention. While it's nice to know that she feels so secure with mom and dad (she instantly quiets down in our arms), it's frustrating when we're trying to take care of other chores.
A cute moment: Phoebs was lying down next to Evelyn on the bed, when Evelyn grabbed a handful of her fur and pulled a little (she really likes how soft she feels). Phoebs was super well behaved and only protested a little until I grabbed E's hand and released the fur. I was so proud of phoebe for not snapping, biting or anything!
I'll have to recap christmas and presents later, I'm tired!
No comments:
Post a Comment