Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

10th week

Im finally starting to feel better and enjoy parenting more this week. I don't know if it's because I've been working out more, or I'm more used to everything or (most likely) shes finally starting to settle into the world as we near the 3 month mark. Whatever it is, everything seems to be so much  easier and manageable now. Evelyn has really started cooing more lately, it's crazy adorable. She seems happy and alert for much longer periods than before and smiles like crazy. She seems to be sleeping for longer stretches as well; last night we got 5 straight hours after long daytime naps as well! Maybe she's finally putting all that feeding into growing.

Two days ago Jonathan and I went to Disneyland and left Evelyn with grandma. I pumped after every nursing session for the week before to have about 24-32oz for the day we were away, thinking this should be more than enough, based on the amount of milk she seems to get during a feeding at the nursing class. Well, either she was lazy during the classes or I grossly underestimate the amount she gets from me in a sit down because she drank almost everything that day! No wonder she's putting on little rolls on her thighs and a nice double chin :)

I'm finally able to nurse her almost perfectly without a shield, she starts sucking right away and her latch is much better. The only problem now is she doesn't seem to stay on as long. Oh well, gradual progress! My next eventual goal will be to try and shorten the nursing sessions without depriving her. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment