Smile!
- Evelyn has been so so much more interested in her surroundings the past two weeks. It's hard to wear her without her getting too fussy because she'd much rather be looking out and around. She has also been much fussier as she's going through another growth spurt and therefore nursing all.the.time. I dont' know if she's hungrier because of the growing or just more impatient but after about 15 or so minutes of feeding she's start wiggling around and popping on and off. I can tell she's still hungry but it seems like she's annoyed and so she'll thrash around. It's painful for me because she won't always latch well but she'll also bite down a little bit, which is awful.
- She's been drooling quite a bit more and chewing on her hands. I thought that was associated with teething but 6 weeks seems awfully early for teeth to start coming in. Maybe it's all to do with the growth spurt.
- Good news, this week she finally made it over 8lbs! She's getting about 4oz or so at each feeding, according to the scale at the breast feeding support group I used, which is right on track for her age.
- I went for my first run since she was born yesterday! It felt so amazing I could cry. I did my old morning route with only a few breaks for walking- not bad for having been off it for months. It was depressing how differently my running clothes fit: shirts and shorts that used to be so so baggy were snug. Yikes. Oh well, this too shall pass.
- A wonderful thing happened today. Last night she woke up more and ate for longer periods so I got less sleep than usual, making a more tired and shorter-fused mama. After her (millionth) feeding this morning, I faced her towards me and smiled at her and she gave me a great big smile back! As long as I was smiling she kept grinning back at me! I am going to pretend that she was smiling on purpose, since I don't know if babies can actually smile this young but it definitely perked me up during a very drawn out time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment