Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Interesting Week (34 & 35)

Last weekend, Kameran and I started to look at houses for our future family.  It was quite disappointing.  It is frustrating that after having enough saved up, the lack of inventory changed the market back into a seller's market.  So now, all these homes are quite overpriced.  Looking at homes that sold a year ago really stings to see how many homes for a good price there were.  Well we'll keep looking and hopefully find an excellent house to raise our family in.

On the baby front, I decided to go with Kameran to this week's appointment since my work tasks were going pretty well.  I'm very glad that I did.  Kameran was looking pretty uncomfortable during our appointment, so much that the doctor recommended we go over to labor and delivery to make sure that if Kameran was getting contractions, they wouldn't get out of hand and start turning into labor.  We ended up walking over and Kameran got hooked up to their machines.  It was funny because a lot of the hard movements, where Kameran would say, "baby is being all cray," or "baby is moving into a funny position" were probably actually contractions.  We had to stay there quite awhile and the doctor recommended giving Kameran some drugs to make the contractions subside.  After being monitored for awhile, the contractions did in fact subside, Kameran went home, and I went to work.  Luckily, no work was being done that day so I didn't miss much :P.

We also finished our third preparation for birth class this week.  After finishing over half the class, I definitely would not recommend the class for people who do their own research.  Kameran has been doing such a great job researching things about baby, and listening to the pregtastic podcast where she gets some of her information.  I feel like maybe only 10% is something new that Kameran hasn't told me.  And that's probably because she hasn't told me, not that she didn't know.  For example, this last class we attended dealt with caesarian births and epidurals.  Something we're both not interested in if we could help it.  So it was kind of a waste.  I thought that they would spend more time on the actual birthing process, but we only do about 15 minutes of that.  That is the most useful part.  At least now, like Kameran said, hearing the info again in a class is reassuring for the choices we have already made.

Another thing that happened this week is we found out that one of Kameran's trackers might be wrong. We went over the dates with the doctor and we were told that this past Thursday marked week 35 complete.  That would line up with conception, the week we had our first ultrasound, and bp's due date.

The last thing that we did this week was today we had our hospital tour.  Having visited labor and delivery earlier in the week, it felt good knowing where some of this stuff already was.  The tour was good overall and it was nice to see the rooms available.

Kameran has been doing this new thing where she sucks in her stomach for one picture, and then lets it hang out in the other picture.  Can you tell which one is which :P?!

Week 34:




Week 35:




No comments:

Post a Comment