The last two weeks have been quite interesting. I went from joking around with one coworker about not being worried that we would choose the same names since we were for sure to have our baby first, to him having his baby the very next day! At our 36th week appointment, it was interesting to hear that baby was at station -1, 70% effaced, and 1 cm dilated. The doctor also said said that she didn't think we were going to make it to 40. At first I thought baby could come any day this week!
Then about a week went by with us both waiting if baby was going to come. I tried not to think about it and just think that well if baby doesn't come, it's ok because baby isn't full term yet. Well we just hit full term a few days ago. I thought there was a slight chance that baby would come before Father's Day after Kameran's 36th week appointment. But after going with Kameran this week and hearing that we were at station -2, 80% effaced, and a solid 2 cm dilated compared to our generous 1 cm the week before, I figured that would not be enough progress for baby to want to come out this week. It was good in the end though since baby is now full term and can come anytime he or she wants.
After the 37th week appointment, we made Kameran's last day of work to be last Friday so she could relax and not have her water break at work or something. It wasn't the best last day for her since someone had to call at 4:56 pm and she didn't get a chance to say bye to everyone. I guess the positive things though this past week were, her coworkers through a nice baby shower for her and invited me as well. We were overwhelmed at the generosity of some people willing to pitch in and give us a substantial gift card to babies r us. We were also pleasantly surprised that one of our swing dancing club members organized a baby card for Kameran and myself. I definitely wouldn't expect that from the swing club. What's also funny and sad, is that I know my manager won't do anything even though when her baby came, there was definitely a card and voluntary monetary donations. Oh well. I guess some people are just like that. Another positive was one of my coworkers decided to take us out since we would be busy with baby for awhile and he wouldn't see Kameran for awhile. So that was quite nice for a Friday evening.
We celebrated Father's Day today. It was quite fun since the whole Wong clan got together with Ryan's dad. The food was quite good and it seemed like everyone had a good time. I actually found some pistachio brittle for my Dad which was nice. I guess for myself though, since baby is a stinker :P, I'll have to wait another year to celebrate Father's Day and not just kitty's Father's Day.
Kameran and I made our best this past weekend when we think baby will actually come. The doctor thought 38-39 weeks, but most likely not 40. I guessed Tuesday since after the last appointment it didn't seem like to me we made significant progress to pop out babes. Kameran thinks Wednesday. What's funny, however, is my Mom told us today that all three Wongs were born on Wednesday, and baby Audrey was born on Wednesday too. It would be pretty funny and awesome to have baby come out this Wednesday and follow the trend! In the meantime, we wait around for bp to read the eviction notice Mom already sent her way :P.
Week 36 Pictures:
Week 37 Pictures:








No comments:
Post a Comment