Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Running For Two and Week 6 recap

"Okay baby pirate, please just give me 4.5 more hours to finish this race, that's all I ask. I scheduled this way before I even knew we'd have you so I'd really appreciate our best behavior today, alright? Then this body is alllll yours."

This was my conversation early Sunday morning to my belly. And baby pirate, being the little angelic blueberry (!!) that s/he is, complied. I was really nervous about nausea, pacing and general fatigue. I have to say that miles 9-13 were pretty rough on my knees and HIPS, but nothing so worrisome because of baby.

I am so, so glad that is over. Originally I had hoped to maintain an approximate 10min mile with no stops. Since becoming pregnant however, this changed to just finishing the race. I am proud to say that I had a pace of 10:41 with NO stops and finished in 2:21 (according to my watch, anyway).

So what happened in Week 6?

Hoo boy, nausea kicked in this week. Anytime my stomach is close to empty, I can feel it start to creep in on me and then NO food sounds good at all. Fortunately, it's not out of control but it's completely different than the eating I've done before. I'm so used to being in tune with my blood sugar levels but now it's all about keeping some magical minimum amount of food in there, constantly.

I've had some interrupted and very non-restful nights of sleep. I keep getting up to go pee, I just wake up, I can't get comfortable, etc. The best sleep I had since getting pregnant was after a late night 2000 calorie dinner at BJs and it was amazing. I think this means I need to eat a late night snack.

By contrast, all I do during the day nap and lie down. While still going to bed at 8:30. I'm getting even more lame which I didn't realize was possible considering how early I used to go to bed.

Most creamy things and sweets: nope.

Kitties, on the other hand, want to do nothing but nap with me. I can get used to that :)

-kameran and bp


No comments:

Post a Comment