Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Enjoyable

Evelyn's is five months and one week today. I would say that we're finally getting to an age where I  finally enjoy parenting. Evelyn has much more routine now, which is great, but she's becoming a little person that wants to and is able to interact with us. She giggles, she coos  and babbles or gurgles, she has a whole body smile she gives us and she can play a little bit more. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm starting to believe everyone who says "it gets easier!". I'm able to get a bit more time to myself to do dishes, cleaning and some long needed resting which allows me to start feeling more like my old self again.

 She's still a drooling machine and chewing on everything but it doesn't seem quite so acutely painful for her now. She enjoys silly dancing and big smiles from her dad still, which is so cute to watch. We've been putting her down at 7 (finally!!!) so Jonathan and I have been doing some dancing together again which is such a luxury I didn't realize I was missing. Sleep training is going pretty well as she doesn't fuss for too long after being put down, now we just need to work on night wakings. She's figured out how to roll on to her tummy at night and sometimes it sounds like she's mad that she's on her belly, but she'll fall back asleep anyway (probably too tired to care!)

I'm feeling more rested overall, but have noticed that in my excitement to catch up on my old habits once she's down (like blog reading, magazines, and dancing) I go to bed much later then I should be and I will easily exhaust myself again. I need to be mindful of how much sleep I'm getting still.

No comments:

Post a Comment