Wow, second trimester is so much nicer than the 1st. My energy is almost back to pre-pregnancy levels, the thought of food doesn't make me sick and I can eat much more normal sized portions. It's still a little bit of 2 steps forward, 1 step back, as I still have an occasional day of dead exhaustion or trouble eating dinner normally. But I'd much rather have that than the constant stream of feeling blah.
The belly is increasing! My pants won't button (sometimes I forget, attempt to close them and wonder why it's so hard), so the beband is my good friend. I've also discovered that an elastic band looped through the button hole and secured on my jeans' button is good. My stomach is always flattest in the mornings, and some days I would wake up looking totally normal again. Now I notice that it sticks out in the morning, even after trying to suck it in. More people at work have commented how I'm starting to show (it's likely more my second breakfast/lunch/snack/second snack that they're seeing, but the frequency of their comments has increased :) ) After weighing myself last week, I've gained about 8 lbs so far which is much better than I anticipated!
Week 14 brought around a lot more round ligament pain. I'd walk around holding my left side of my belly, just inside my hip bone. It's a strange sharp sensation, almost like a catch pain or a quick muscle cramp. Turns out that baby had doubled in length and gained about 40% more weight, so I guess that's not so surprising that the uterus was stretching!
Week 15- I finally started having the urge to pee every few minutes and I got a cramp in my calf when I stretched it at night. I kept reading about leg cramps and peeing in all my trackers and what not, but I didn't notice much difference in my bathroom habits or legs until this week. I hope the cramp won't come back, but I'm guessing my bladder is only going to get more squished from here...
bp is developing ear bones this week, so Jonathan and I are talking to the belly and reading the "Oh baby the places you'll go!" book more frequently. We've decided on a doula, we have our first prenatal appointment next week, and I've learned about our maternity/paternity policies at work. Things are starting to come together a little bit more. This weekend I'm going to consider where we'll put some baby furniture in our baby-sized apartment and work on my prenatal yoga practice (I downloaded a ton of podcasts!).
On the menu: fish tacos and bagels with cream cheese (still)
Off the menu: chicken and sweets. (poor jonathan made chicken stock and while I enjoyed the soup very much, the smell of the broth in the pot the next day made me very nauseous).
And now, for week 14 pictures:
And Week 15 pictures...




No comments:
Post a Comment